The strength and the impact of a Society like the SIF depend on the number and the dynamism of its Members. For this you are invited to join or renew your membership of the Italian Physical Society. To recover the status of Member, no retroactive payments are required, but only that for the current year. By paying the annual membership fee, you can:
– have reductions for the purchase of SIF publications and the participation in the Society's activities
– receive the printed copy, consult the online content and freely download the APP of Il Nuovo Saggiatore
- have free digital access to the online contents of Giornale di Fisica
– consult the SIF Historical Archives
– have free digital access to Physics World by authenticating with the credentials available in the Members Area of SIF Website
– apply to the SIF prize competitions
To apply for membership the application can be filled in online or downloading the application form.
International Symposium on the occasion of the International Year of the Periodic Table of Chemical Elements IYPT2019, 6-7 November 2019
Organised by the Italian Physical Society – SIF in collaboration with the Italian Chemical Society – SCI
Workshop 205 - Big data analytics Course 206 - New frontiers for metrology: from biology and chemistry to quantum and data science Course 207 - Advances in thermoelectricity: foundational issues, materials and nanotechnology
The Volume of the Proceedings of the International School of Physics "Enrico Fermi" – Course 202, Mechanics of Earthquake Faulting, is in publication.
In 2019 the Italian Physical Society (Società Italiana di Fisica, SIF) and the SoNS (School of Neutron Scattering "Francesco Paolo Ricci" Association) have jointly commissioned a report concerning a strategy for neutron facilities in geographical Europe
Every year, during the opening ceremony of SIF the National Congress, prizes are awarded to young physicists who have distinguished themselves in their studies and research activities, and to physicists for their skills in physics teaching or history of physics research. Besides there are also prizes in commemoration of late eminent physicists for researchers working in specific fields.
by M. Focaccia
A new volume jointly published by Società Italiana di Fisica and Springer-Nature.
Available in the Springer Biographies