- Course 208 - Foundations of Cosmic Ray Astrophysics
- Course 209 - Quantum Fluids of Light and Matter - QFLM2020
- Course 210 - Multimodal and Nanoscale Optical Microscopy
The 106th National Congress of the Italian physical Society will be held at the Dipartimento di Fisica "Aldo Pontremoli", Università degli Studi di Milano from 14 to 18 September 2020.
The strength and the impact of a Society like the SIF depend on the number and the dynamism of its Members. For this you are invited to join or renew your membership of the Italian Physical Society. To recover the status of Member, no retroactive payments are required, but only that for the current year. By paying the annual membership fee, you can:
– have reductions for the purchase of SIF publications and the participation in the Society's activities
– receive the printed copy, consult the online content and freely download the APP of Il Nuovo Saggiatore
- have free digital access to the online contents of Giornale di Fisica
– consult the SIF Historical Archives
– have free digital access to Physics World by authenticating with the credentials available in the Members Area of SIF Website
– apply to the SIF prize competitions
To apply for membership the application can be filled in online or downloading the application form.
A Gentleman Scientist at Via Panisperna
by M. Focaccia
A new volume jointly published by Società Italiana di Fisica and Springer-Nature.
Available through the Members Area
Edited by L. Cifarelli
A new volume jointly published by Società Italiana di Fisica and Springer-Nature. Available online at this link.
International Symposium on the occasion of the International Year of the Periodic Table of Chemical Elements IYPT2019, 6-7 November 2019. Organised by the Italian Physical Society – SIF in collaboration with the Italian Chemical Society – SCI.
Second revised edition
In 2019 the Italian Physical Society (Società Italiana di Fisica, SIF) and the SoNS (School of Neutron Scattering "Francesco Paolo Ricci" Association) have jointly commissioned a report concerning a strategy for neutron facilities in geographical Europe
Every year, during the opening ceremony of SIF the National Congress, prizes are awarded to young physicists who have distinguished themselves in their studies and research activities, and to physicists for their skills in physics teaching or history of physics research. Besides there are also prizes in commemoration of late eminent physicists for researchers working in specific fields.
Last published volume: Course 203, Computational Social Science and Complex Systems.
The electronic version of the Courses held starting from 1995 is available through the Members Area.