Open Access @ SIF
- Il Nuovo Cimento, SIF historical journal founded 160 years ago, moves with the times and converts into a fully Open Access journal: Il Nuovo Cimento OA.
- The journal will continue to publish selected and refereed papers from conferences and contributions on special topics in all fields of physics.
- Publication in Il Nuovo Cimento OA is subject to the approval of the journal Editorial Committee, that evaluates if the project is deemed to be of good quality and therefore of interest for the scientific community. Peer-reviewing of the submitted contributions is entirely carried out by the publication Editor(s) (Guest Editor(s)).
- Papers will be published according to the Gold Open Access scheme with very reasonable article processing charges (APC), in accordance with the editorial service required.
- Open Access means that all papers are made freely and unlimitedly available to anyone on the public internet, to read, download and print, without any economic, technical or legal barrier.
- The copyright to any article is retained by the author(s) under the Creative Commons Attribution license.
- High publication flexibility: in addition to the online version, the organizers of the conference/proposers of the topical issue published in Il Nuovo Cimento OA can order personalized hard-binding volumes, and libraries can continue to subscribe to the printed issues for archival purposes.
- Long-term storage and worldwide availability of the electronic files.
Article Processing Charges (APC)
- Gold Open Access is based on a financial model that requires payment of the production fees before publication by the author or his/her Institution.
- The APC will cover the production costs of all editorial activities needed for the publication, and may change according to the service required
- Generally the organizers/proposers who wish to publish conference/topical contributions in Il Nuovo Cimento OA should contact SIF Editorial Office: firstname.lastname@example.org that will provide all the relevant information and different solutions in accordance with their requirements (including budgetary ones).
- Payment methods will be agreed upon, once the approved papers are submitted for publication .
The libraries that wish to receive the printed issue of Il Nuovo Cimento OA for archival purposes, could do so by filling in a standing order form, soon available in the subscription section.