The 15th Topical Seminar on Innovative Particle and Radiation Detectors (IPRD19) will take place in the Auditorium of the Graduate College Santa Chiara of the University of Siena, 14-17 October 2019.
The 2019 Seminar will focus on advanced technologies in particle physics at collider experiments, and in cosmic ray and astrophysics experiments, including balloon-borne and space based experiments. Special attention will be devoted to the application of these detectors in other fields, such as detectors for medicine and biology, homeland security control, muonradiography of archeological and geophysical structures, and environmental monitoring.
The participation of representatives from industry will make it possible to discuss future applications of basic research. The Seminar will be based on review talks summarizing the progress of complex R&D projects and major facilities. Shorter talks will cover contributions on specific items. The presentation of posters is also foreseen.
- Tracking detectors
- Detectors for X and gamma ray astrophysics\
- Cosmic ray experiments in space, on the earth's surface, and underground
- Neutrino experiments
- Muonradiography of archeological and geophysical structures\
- Detectors for medicine and biology
- Large X-ray and muon systems for homeland security control
- Simulations and new computing methods, including machine learning techniques
- Detectors for environmental controls
Abstract submission deadline: 10 July 2019
More information available: here.