EPS Edison Volta Prize
Nominations are now open for the Edison Volta Prize of the European Physical Society (EPS).
The Prize has been established in the year 2011 by the European Physical Society, the Fondazione Alessandro Volta, and Edison S.p.A. in order to promote excellent research and achievement in physics.
The EPS Edison Volta Prize is given biennially to individuals or groups of up to three people. The award consists of a diploma, a medal, and €10,000 in prize money.
The Prize Selection Committee is composed of:
- the EPS President
- an EPS Division or Group Chair
- an EPS Honorary Member
- a Representative of an EPS Associate Member institution
- a Representative of Fondazione Alessandro Volta.
Nominations should include:
- personal details about the nominee/s, including biographical statements
- citations highlighting the work of the nominee/s
- up to three statements of support from individuals who are familiar with the work.
Deadline: 31 January 2020.
More information here.