The first edition of the International INFN School SOUP2020 on Underground Physics: Theory and experiments, addressed to PhD students, post-docs and young researchers from all over the world will take place at the Physics Department of University of Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy from June 29th to July 2nd, 2020.
The School is organised with lessons and hands-on sessions in the laboratory.
Topics and confirmed lecturers (list not exhaustive):
• Dark Matter phenomenology. Lecturer: Nicolao Fornengo (University and INFN of Torino)
• Neutrino phenomenology. Lecturer: Marco Pallavicini (University and INFN of Genova)
• Noble Liquid Detectors. Lecturer: Cristiano Galbiati (Princeton University and GSSI, l’Aquila)
• Solid State Detectors. Lecturer: Karoline Schaeffner (Max Planck Institute for Physics, Munich)
• New Photon Sensors and Readout. Lecturer: Alessandro Razeto (INFN LNGS)
• Statistics and MC for underground physics. Lecturer: Oliviero Cremonesi (INFN MIlano Bicocca and GSSI)
• Cryogenics for astro-particle physics. Lecturer: Marco Razeti (INFN Cagliari)
• Material screening. Lecturer: Roberto Santorelli (CIEMAT, Madrid)
Deadline for applications: 12 April 2020.
More information: here.