ISAPP school on Gravitational Waves
The ISAPP School on Gravitational Waves will be held from May 19th to May 30th at the Villa Finaly, Florence.
The international schools on astroparticle physics (ISAPP) are thematic schools lasting 10-15 days, addressed to PhD students and young post-docs.
This school offers a general overview of the different aspects of gravitational-wave science: a theoretical introduction to gravitational waves and their astrophysical sources, a course on detectors, and finally an overview on data analysis techniques and the scientific implications of the first detections. Future perspectives, covering the instruments and associated science, will also be discussed.
Topics will be:
- GW theory and sources
- Interferometric GW detectors (present and future)
- LIGO/Virgo/KAGRA physics and technology
- Data analysis techniques
- LIGO/Virgo results and outlook (cosmology, astrophysics, tests of General Relativity)
- Multimessenger astrophysics
- Pulsar Timing Array
- Future detectors (aLIGO+, AdV+, Einstein Telescope)
- Future science objectives and data analysis issues and challenges
Pre-registration deadline: 15 March 2020.
More information: here.