The 16th Topical Seminar on Innovative Particle and Radiation Detectors (IPRD23) will be held in the San Francesco Crypt and Cloister in Siena from 25 to 29 September 2023.
The conference aims at stimulating discussions and new ideas among physicists and engineers from around the world. The conference will, as in the past, include only plenary sessions, with a mix of invited talks and contributions addressing the latest advances in detector development and outlining future research. A poster session is also foreseen. The program will focus on the progress in the evolution of detectors and instrumentation for particle physics, astroparticle physics and related fields, i.e.:
• Tracking detectors
• Detectors for X and gamma ray astrophysics
• Cosmic ray experiments in space, on the earth's surface, and underground
• Neutrino experiments
• Radiation-hard detectors and electronics
• Muon-tomography of archeological and geophysical structures
• Detectors for medicine and biology
• Large X-ray and muon systems for homeland security control
• Simulations and new computing methods, including machine learning techniques
• Detectors for environmental controls
• Data acquisition and triggering
• Outreach of detector development
The deadline for abstract submission is June 1st, 2023.
More information here.